Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Change or Transformation?

Everyone hates change. I hear it everywhere I go. Change is resisted. In reality, it is feared. It takes you to a place you do not want to go - the unknown. I am convinced change is so unpopular because it is something happening to you. Life is happening to you and you don't like it. But, what if you were happening to life as opposed to it happening to you? You cannot do anything about change. It is going to happen. It is your reality. However, you do have a choice to make. Change or transformation?

Change happening to you makes you a victim. You happening to the challenge of change makes you a leader. Leaders choose transformation over change. Transformation is something you engineer. Change is something being engineered for you. Resistance to change is a reaction. Choosing to transform yourself as an answer to change is a response.

Change is coming from the outside, in. Transformation comes from the inside, out. You have to work at managing change. Transformation, on the other hand, is about creating changes in harmony with the vision you have for yourself. It is about you choosing to change.

Transformation is purposed. I have a faith that embraces the transforming work of God in my life. Through His Spirit, He transforms me into the image of His Son. He works in me from the inside, out. I get to cooperate with what He is creating in and through me. I believe He intends this arrangement for every human being.

Faith takes you to another level of thought with regard to transformation. It gives you confidence in the face of fear. It gives you security in the face of the unknown. You have to choose how you approach the transformational work you choose for your life. I highly recommend faith as a graceful and powerful companion.

There is a difference between change an transformation. Taking responsibility for the choice you make between the two is all yours. One way it works on you. The other way it works in you. Bring God into your picture and you have Him working in and through you. Bottom line, change does not have to be feared. It just needs to be put into new perspective. Do well, my friends.

No comments: