Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Where Does It All Begin?

If it all begins with me, it ends with me. If it begins with God, then it ends with Him. If communication begins with me, it will produce confusion. If it begins with God, it will create relationship. If love begins with me, it will have strings attached. If it begins with God, it will be unconditional. If life begins with me, it will be terminal. If it begins with God, it will be eternal. If life performance is my production, it will result in failure. If it is God's production, it will be filled with grace. If it all begins with me, it will be fearful. If it begins with God, it will be filled with joy. If it all begins with me, it means bondage. If it begins with God, it celebrates freedom.

Where you believe it all begins makes a big difference in your world view. It is a choice you have the power to make. So, what would cause a person to not begin with God? It is a choice. So, why choose a vision of life limited by you, fraught with confusion, where love is conditional, where life has no hope beyond what you experience, graceless, insecure, and punishing.

As for me and my house, we choose to believe He is the beginning and the end, the Alpha and the Omega. We choose to watch and listen for His lead. We choose His unconditional and understanding love. We choose to "imagine" all that eternity with Him means. We choose His gift of grace with all of the security and joy it represents. And, we embrace our freedom to choose how we will respond to this life. No one can take that away.

To me it is a no brainer. You get to choose. Seriously, check it out. There is no better deal to be found on this earth. Seize it. Do well, my friends.

No comments: