Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Coincidences?

This week I had a small traffic accident. Actually, a young woman backed into my car while we were waiting in line for a snow cone. There was no real harm done. The young woman who hit me was gracious and anxious to make things right. I appreciated her spirit and I was also grateful for the fact that everyone was well. It turned out she was new to our community and trying to get a new life started with her children.


So, what a coincidence? A young woman happens to run into a father of three daughters who is particularly sensitive to grandchildren. As a result of our encounter, no matter how frustrating, I have a new friend. We were actually able to bring our families together. Hopefully, we will be able to help her settle into this new life chapter.


I just don't believe in coincidences. Things like I experienced can just as easily be seen as purposed opportunity. I know I have missed a lot of opportunities in my life because I was not looking for them. Realizing that lack of intention or strategy does not create coincidence is a purposed philosophy.

Pay attention this week. Things will happen you will not expect. Look for opportunity instead of inconvenience. You might just find a new friend. It might just back into you. Do well, my friends.

No comments: